20.12.05

Trashcan Sinatras

Today, I had SXSW on my mind. One of the best things about the last two years of SXSW, was that one of my favorite bands, Trashcan Sinatras played loads of shows at each. I have my fingers crossed that this will make it three years in a row. When I had first heard them in 1990, I thought they sounded like The Smiths, and to be fair, their first album, Cake, did have a slight tinge of Morrissey and Marr to it. This wasn't a bad thing. In fact, it's the main reason I paid attention to them. The same thing can be said for Gene and Voxtrot. Surprisingly enough, all three of these bands soldiered on and became each their own amazingly unique and individual selves.

DOWNLOAD
Trashcan Sinatras - How Can I Apply? [live May 1996] MP3
Trashcan Sinatras - Hayfever [acoustic version/KUT radio 10.18.04] MP3
Trashcan Sinatras - Leave Me Alone [acoustic version/XM satellite radio 04.21.05] MP3
Trashcan Sinatras - Weightlifting [live at ABC/Glasgow 06.10.05] MP3
Trashcan Sinatras - All The Dark Horses [KCRW's Morning Becomes Eclectic 12.09.04] MP3
Trashcan Sinatras - A Coda [KCRW's Morning Becomes Eclectic 12.09.04] MP3
Trashcan Sinatras - Drunken Chorus [live at Fez/NYC 11.10.03] MP3

LINK
Trashcan Sinatras

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've caught these guys at the last two SXSWs, too. I agree; I hope they come back. It wouldn't be SXSW without them.

11:25 PM  
Blogger Jorsevil said...

Great site!!

6:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home